Friday, July 25, 2008

Slow Growing

There isn't much new to report from the garden. I'm pretty disappointed in my tomato and pepper plants this year. Of three bell pepper plants, I have only had three fruits. Jalapenos have been slow going but seem to finally be setting fruit. I will post some pictures of the tiny jalapenos and document the growing timeline.
In the meantime, here is a picture of a tiny cucumber. Still getting about one cucumber a day.

I found a great book at the library recently with information on growing, harvesting, cooking and storing many types of vegetables. The book suggested putting cucumbers in ice cold water immediately after cutting, leaving a little bit of vine, then storing in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. I have used this method a few times now and it seems to work great. Storing them otherwise leaves the cucumbers rubbery and dull looking after one day.


And a picture of Sean eating a cupcake at our friends Pioneer day party. Thanks to Emily for the delicous cupcakes and to Sean for making a big mess of Scott and Becca's porch.


No comments: