Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Trellising

I thought I would try trellising some of my vine veggies this year since the supplies were on sale at the hardware store. This is the starting point, I have a feeling the cucumbers will take quite well but not so sure about the squash.

Here is a picture to show the progress of my lettuce (you can barely see the sprouts in the wet soil). I planted it about 3 weeks ago using buttercrunch seed that is slow to bolt and heat resistant. I wasn't too sure if I could get them to sprout in the hot Utah weather but it seems to be coming up well. My other lettuce is about completely gone as its all bolted. Im looking forward to more fresh lettuce through the fall.



Im starting to get concerned about access to my garden. The squash, tomatoes and tomatillos are starting to grow together and cover my paths. I will have to continue being vigilant in pruning to keep things from getting out of hand.


No comments: