Thursday, August 7, 2008

Busy as a bee

"I'm busy as a bee"; As some say in the environmental permitting world has certainly applied to me this week. I've been busy getting home projects done, working and balancing kids so I haven't spent much time in the garden. Just a few quick harvests resulting in yet more cucumbers (yessssssssssssssss), jalapenos and finally Tomatoes. I discovered my first red tomato August 6th which seems late but maybe Im just being impatient. I am very happy to know that we can now make fresh salsa and even better that we have something to go with all the basil. So here it is, a picture of the first red tomato. The cucumbers are taking to the trellis well but are taking to my Kung Pao pepper plant even better. The picture below shows the difficulty in harvesting peppers when the cucumber plant is holding them hostage.

No comments: