Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Who wants yellow squash?

I haven't spent much time in the garden lately due to the schedule around our house. I was able to get out and take some pictures of my harvest last night, lots of tomatoes are ready. I will be using most of the tomatoes for salsa making tonight. I plan to enter the salsa contest here at work, yet another fundraiser for the united way. I will be making Becca's Moms Salsa, a green salsa and mango salsa.Also getting lots of yellow squash which was expected based on my observations a few weeks ago. We also have lots of lettuce to eat around our house.

And the lettuce will continue with my last round of seeds planted which are now sprouted and beggining to grow quickly.
A picture of Gracie after eating dinner. Straight to the bath after this event.


Here I am with the kids in the life flight helicopter at a kids safety fair last weekend.


And a picture of all the hot mamas on their trip. The moms had a great time on their trip to Jackson Hole last weekend and came back fully rejuvinated but tired. Thanks for coming back so that I can return to playing in the garden.


2 comments:

SandGs Mom said...

love all the pics. Mmm, the salad we made with that lettuce was scrumptious. Thanks for a great weekend without the kids - i had a blast. You're the best babe.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your pictures and writings. The lettuce really looks great. Does Sarah do any harvesting when you are away? or have you turned the garden over to Sean? We think you have a green thumb!!