Monday, March 16, 2009

Let the gardening season begin

In the past few weeks, I've had many discussions with fellow gardeners regarding the coming spring planting. Though we are still over a month away from the average last frost day, I too feel the itch to be in the garden picking delicious vegetables. With our weather being so nice over the weekend, I decided it was time to make a trip to the local nursery and pick a few things up. I ended up with broccoli and cauliflower starters along with 5 packets of seeds. Lucky for my back, a migrant worker whom I've employed in the past dropped by to help with the planting.A close up of the cauliflower. I've never attempted cauliflower or broccoli in my garden so I'm anxious to see how it turns out. Gracie was less than thrilled to hear I hadn't planted anything she likes (graham crackers, goldfish, waffles).Our weekend was chock full of sibling love and time spent outside in the sunshine. Sean has never been a real fan of Gracie but for some reason his attitude changed this weekend. It sure was cute to see Sean trying to hug and kiss his sister all weekend with Gracie eating up the attention.

1 comment:

Bart, Angi and Mia said...

ok now i'm jealous. you have things planted, our conversation really got me in the mood but i've just been crooning over my perennials. guess i better get a move on.