Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bring it!

As I woke, listening for the howl of the wind, I feared the cold weather awaiting me on the ride to work. I heard the furnace cycling on and off constantly throughout the night; a clear indication of the arctic cold temperatures in SLC. I tried my best to keep a positive attitude but knowing what I was about to face always makes me a little anxious and angry. After all, I would take riding in 60 degree weather over single digits any day of the year. So why would I punish myself and make those around me endure my bad mood? Sometimes I wonder.

I do know that pushing myself to ride in such horrendous conditions makes me stronger, tougher and feel great once arriving at the office. Today allowed me to set a new personal record for winter riding, 9 degrees. I was thankful for the lack of wind though I still felt my lungs bleed as I pushed up the last hill to my office. At least the sun is shining bright for the ride home (me thinking positive).

No comments: